Monday, April 16, 2012

Can Going Primal Make a Difference in Health Recovery?

Benefits of the Paleo-Primal Lifestyle and Great Health

This article is from a friend and colleague  of Tom's. Karen De Coster is extremely knowledgeable. She has really helped my family with our concerns and questions on Going Primal.  I highly recommend you read the whole article. I found it very inspiring. 

Friday, April 13, 2012

Folks are well aware that I spend a lot of time, and words, hawking the paleo-primal lifestyle and its numerous benefits, especially for libertarian audiences. According to Mark Sisson, this lifestyle is “a broad, holistic approach to living and not simply a list for eating.” To me, living primally means I have adapted to the modern world by making certain changes in my lifestyle – in terms of food and fitness – to minimize premature aging, prevent modern disease, and stave off the all-too-common problem of physical and mental lethargy. Since going primal I have experienced a quality of life I never had before, and that includes life in my 20s and 30s. I am 49.

Since exploring the paleo-primal concepts beginning in the late 80 and early 90s, via the Dr. Atkins program, and moving to a more robust and dedicated lifestyle in about 2003 following an illness, I have settled into a very self-regulated yet spontaneous way of life that fits neatly into the framework of Mark Sisson’s Primal Blueprint. Essentially, here are some very high-level, self-imposed commandments that I live by:

No comments:

Post a Comment