Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stuffed Mini-Bell Peppers

My grocery store was out of the large bell peppers, which are a staple in my house, so I did the next best thing and bought a bag of mini-bell peppers. The kids like to munch on them, but there are quite a few in the bag, so we had several left over. 


When I cleaned out the fridge, I noticed I had too much cream cheese and I should probably use it up. 


So... I came up with Stuffed Mini-Bell Peppers. 

Stuffed Mini-Bell Peppers:
  •  1/2 cup Cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup Sour cream
  • 4 slices Bacon
  • 1/2 Smoked Gouda
  • 1/2-1 tsp Onion powder
  • 1/2-1tsp Garlic powder
  • Salt (about 1/8 tsp--the cream cheese is already salty)
  • White pepper (a couple shakes)
  • 1 egg

In a medium sized bowl combine: cream cheese, sour cream, chopped bacon, shredded smoked gouda, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and white pepper. Stir until all is smooth. Then add 1 egg and mix well.  

Then you take your pepper, and slice off the top.

Make sure you use a sharp parring knife and strip the membranes

Then stuff the pepper with the cream cheese mixture (you can use a spoon, but a piping bag is *much* faster and less messy. If you do not have a piping bag, you can make one with a ziplock baggie. Fill you baggie with the mixture, and then snip off a small bit of a corner of the bag, and voila! you have a piping bag!) 




I tried to stand the peppers up so that the filling would not leak out during baking. You can slice the peppers down the middle, and lay flat to bake if you'd rather. 


I'm an idiot and forgot to take a photo *after* they baked, so this is the best I've have.
And they turned out fairly well! Of course, anything with bacon must be good. It's a law.

No comments:

Post a Comment