Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ouch



After Veronica's party last night, Tom and I had a late dinner at our favorite restaurant (it's pricey so we don't go often). 


This place serves a "Tasting" of four courses. It's about two inches/ounces of each item. So we had a shot of Plantain Coconut soup, which was ... interesting. Then an arugala salad with goat cheese, roasted beets, and a cashew dressing. I wasn't such a fan. We thought it was great everything was so Primal friendly. 


Then came the vegetarian course... a rice fritter on a red pepper aoli and topped with cucumber/mint salad. I was hesitant since it was rice and fried, but I figured it was two inches, so not too bad. It was really good. It's was a good thing it was such a small serving because I might have eaten a whole plate.


After this, came the mahi mahi served on a bed of sauteed cabbage and a filet mignon served on a bed of sweet potatoes (I think. The menu said yams, the waiter said sweet potato). 


And the desserts (super small, maybe 1 sq in): Grapfruit tart, spiced chocolate cupcake, and an almond biscotti. The biscotti was actually more like four inches, but I didn't eat much of it. 


We also had a glass of red wine.  


I thought it would be interesting to see how this small amount of grains would affect us. 


The baby woke up at 4:30 and screamed until 7:30am. The best I could tell was she did not feel well, and maybe had stomach cramps. So the one piece of bread she had yesterday (with her hamburger) did not agree with her. 


While I was up with her I realized I had a migraine coming on, and was pretty bloated, and a touch of nausea. I think the nausea was from not enough sleep, but the other things must be from the grains. 


I think it will be a while before I cheat again. Ew. 


Tom and Regina both had stomach issues the last night. Regina and Amy had bad stomachs this morning. I asked why they thought their stomachs hurt and Regina says "Maybe... I'm just .... hungry... NOT the grains!"   Nice try, kid. 


So I'm glad we deviated (just a bit) from the diet, because know everyone knows how food can really affect them, and I'm not just a mean mom who is hiding the cookies just to be mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment