Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Pudding

Veronica's teacher emailed me to say that next week they are having an end-of-school party, and she would be serving dirt cups. She said she wanted to respect our "diet" and what sort of accommodations could she make for Veronica.


I thought that was very sweet of her. Even better is when she emailed me two hours later with a link to coconut milk pudding, and asked if she could make that for V. You know your kids are at a great school when an overworked, unpaid teacher is researching pudding recipes for a student's crazy diet.


The recipe called for two hours of prep and cook time. Two hours?!  Yikes. I told Mrs. Kind (she fits her name well!) I would make the pudding and send it in next week. Then I decided I just don't have two hours to spare these days, so I was in a pickle.


About an hour later I was checking Facebook and my friend Tammie just so happened to post a link to quick and easy Primal pudding! That, my friends, is Divine Providence. ;)


I realized I actually had all the ingredients on hand, so I tried it out for dessert tonight in hopes of her liking it well enough for next week's party.


Here's the link: Yummy Primal Pudding


It's basically raspberries, lemon, vanilla, avocado, honey, and water. Blend well. Refrigerate for 20 mins. (I did have to add about a tsp of maple syrup because the raspberries (to me) were too bitter.) And serve. 


I made whipped cream using heavy whipping and a smidge of maple syrup, blend in a blender, or a Magic Bullet (which works wonders! It's the one kitchen gadget we bought from an infomercial, and it actually as great as it appears on TV) blend for about 30 seconds.


Top the pudding with the cream and enjoy!


It even passed the kids' taste test!



No comments:

Post a Comment