Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot Potato!

After Mass today we decided to eat at Jason's Deli. I love this place. Not exactly Primal, but it does have free range meats and organic produce. 


Anyway, today I decided I wanted a baked potato. I am/was a potato lover. I seriously could eat mashed potatoes everyday, for every meal, all the time! Not having (white) potatoes has been one of the biggest hurdles for me in GP. I really don't like sweet potatoes, so please don't tell me I should just try that. And I know white potatoes are okay-ish in the Primal world, but you're really not supposed to eat them if you're trying to drop weight (which I am), so I have really missed them. 


So I ordered a loaded baked potato and a salad. It was all I loved about potatoes and more! Unfortunately, I totally crashed about an hour later. I never, ever, ever take naps. Never. Unless I'm pregnant that is... but today I fell asleep while on the computer. I don't know how long I was out, but I felt really wobbly for a little while after I woke up. 


I'm guessing this is due to the carb spike in the potatoes. Darn it.  


So tomorrow is grocery day again. I'm off to make a list, I guess. Blah.

3 comments:

  1. It's ok. 80/20 rule, plus you're learning how your food affects you. Do it again to confirm that it was the potato. I ate potatoes once per week while losing weight for nearly a year, but I finally gave them up because of how they made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow up: did you not eat any meat? That may have had a greater effect than the presence of the potato.

      Delete
    2. Good point!

      No, I had a couple of hard boiled eggs though... does that count?

      Delete