Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Steak is Yummy

So I've done nothing for the last week except purge, organize, clean and clean some more. I've not had time to really make much food, so we've just been grazing on whatever is in the fridge at the time. And we've gone out for dinner several times. 


Tonight we had our first house showing (to a lovely older couple, I'm told) so I spent from 9:30am until 6:45pm (Tom jumped in to help when he could) scrubbing floors and polishing wood. I think I managed to squeeze in about five minutes for lunch... which consisted of three slices of ham, wrapped around some cheddar cheese. I'm not sure how it tasted, because I had to inhale it. 

By the time we finished cleaning (and had to be out of the house anyway) I was starving! So we headed to Longhorn Steak House and had STEAK. Which was yummy. 

The End. 

Just kidding. 

I had the 20oz ribeye cooked Medium. It was ah-mazing. I wish I had had more energy to enjoy it though. The kids had grilled chicken fingers and broccoli (and a few fries) and water. Tom had a sirloin and stuffed mushrooms (with cheese and bacon, not breadcrumbs). So we pretty much devoured all the food. Hey, we're Primal, what do they expect?

Tom had to rush off for an internet Q&A, so I took care of the bill while the kids finished up. 

Then our server (a 30ish man) walked out with four bowls of ice-cream sundaes and said "I hope this is okay, Mom?"  and I ... didn't quite know what to say. So I said "oh, you are so kind, but two of the kids have dairy allergies! I'm so sorry, but thanks so much!"  The kids were crushed. He said "not to worry! I'll return!"  and he did return with four fruit, dairy-free, smoothies. The kids were elated. 

And I was secretly envious since I knew there were now four servers in the kitchen scarfing down free ice-cream bowls. Hey, I want one, I've been working allllll day!


The showing went very well, I'm told. Great news. But I still want ice-cream.



1 comment:

  1. Is that grass fed beef? I would like to know if any chain restaurants use grass fed meats. I'm trying to stay off all Grain Fed meats.

    ReplyDelete